AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FAQ’s
What is Automatic Renewal?
Most items you check out from the Pasco County Library will now automatically renew on your account, with no action required on your part.
Which items can automatically renew?
Items eligible for auto renewal include books, DVDs, audiobooks, and video games. The loan periods will extend from one day early from the the original due dates.
Which items do not automatically renew?
The following items are not eligible for auto-renewal:
- Museum Pass, DVDs from the Media Box, and video games from the Media Box
- When another patron places a reservation (hold) on that specific item.
- The item has reached their maximum number of renewals (five).
- The patron’s account has accrued $5.00 or more in fines.
- ILL (Inter Library Loans) items, i.e. materials borrowed from a library system other than Pasco County Libraries.
Does an Automatic Renewal give me less time to borrow an item?
Yes, the length of the loan period has changed. With automatic renewal you are still allowed five renewals on your materials. Your items will renew one day earlier from the original due date.
How am I notified when an item Auto-Renews?
Auto-Renewal notices are sent via email on the day that the item is renewed. It will include the item name and its new due date.
If I do not return an item after the last Auto-Renewal period, do I still incur late fines?
Yes, overdue fines will accrue on items that were not successfully auto-renewed.
You can always visit your account to check when your items are due or ask a staff member.