- New River Library Remodel
New River Branch Library Branch Renovations
Will the library close while it’s being renovated?
- Yes. However, every effort is being made to maintain continuity of the events and programs that are offered. Alternative locations for programs, such as parks and recreation centers, are being identified now and will be advertised on our website, through social media, newspapers, etc. Check the website often for updates and news about the renovations.
When will the library close?
- The library will close October 1, 2019.
When will it reopen?
- It is slated to reopen in the summer of 2020.
How can I pick up books and other materials?
- With the exception of the Centennial Park Library in Holiday, which is also closed for remodeling during this time, all other library branches will be open and maintaining their regular hours. Inter-Library transfers of books can be picked up at the other locations. We are currently working on additional locations to pick up holds.
Where will the staff go during the renovations?
- All staff will be relocated to other branches or the alternate sites, or will be conducting community outreach.
How are the renovations being paid for?
- Through a General Obligation Bond (GO Bond) that was approved by Pasco County voters in November, 2018. A GO Bond is a municipal bond secured by the issuing government’s pledge to use all available resources, including tax revenues, to repay holders of the bond.
What can I expect when the library reopens?
- The interior will be completely updated and modernized. There will be new spaces for adults, teens, and kids, meeting spaces, new technology, a lobby with self-service café, an art display area, and a central service desk. There will also be a makerspace within the library. Monday hours will also take effect when the library reopens.
Will there still be books in the library?
- Yes, there will be plenty of books in our collection. However, we will be utilizing a more efficient use of shelving space to make room for the expanded public spaces. Plus, our collection will be more tailored to the community’s needs.