South Holiday Library Branch Renovations
Will the library close while it's being renovated?
- Yes. This location will be closed during renovation. Please visit us at one of our other branches and online for services during this period. Be sure to check the website often for updates and news about the renovation as well.
When will the library close?
- The library will close May 22, 2021.
When will it reopen?
- We expect to reopen Fall 2022. Watch for updates on the Library website and social media pages.
How can I pick up my books and materials?
- The remodeled Centennial Park Library (5740 Moog Rd, Holiday, 727-834-3204) will be open to the public, Monday, May 24 and remain open while South Holiday is being renovated. Inter-Library transfers of books can be picked up at this nearby location. Check our website for additional pick up sites. You can also find details on our Front Door Books program to receive books by mail.
How can I drop off books and other materials?
- Books and other materials can be dropped off at other open libraries.
Where will the staff go during the renovations?
- All staff will be relocated to other branches during the renovation period.
How are the renovations being paid for?
- Through a General Obligation Bond (GO Bond) that was approved by Pasco County voters in November, 2018. A GO Bond is a municipal bond secured by the issuing government’s pledge to use all available resources, including tax revenues, to repay holders of the bond.
What can I expect when the library reopens?
- The interior will be completely updated and modernized. There will be new spaces for adults, teens and kids, meeting spaces, new technology, an expanded lobby, and a central service desk. We are also adding new landscaping and outdoor program space.
Will there still be books in the library?
- Yes, there will be plenty of books in our collection. However, we will be utilizing a more efficient use of shelving space to make room for the expanded public spaces. Plus, our collection will be more tailored to the community’s needs.